Monday, October 27, 2008

Hi Guys and Girls,

What to say about the last few days... Well I went to the ´La Boca´match on Sunday. The game was all but inspiring as football goes despite being two of the best teams in Argentina. The score was 1 -1 for the most part and at half time the opposition on the terrace above us were spitting and thowing things... not pleasant but fortunately we were positioned just out of reach. The last goal of the game was scored by La Boca in the 40th Minute and the place errupted with chanting and singing and lots of hand waving(!!). As we know i´m not a big football fan but I had a good time and pleased to be able to say I went and survived.

I only just managed to get to the match on Sunday because i was hindered by a rather just hangover from the evening before. Damian (German) who´s staying in the hostel who´s been here before and speaks spanish, took me to
to a local party to meet his friends from the last trip (the little courtyard was full of europeans, one argentinian and a whole bunch of chileans who thought i looked like ´beck´much to their amusement) we were drinking very cheap larger and then went to a club and another bar. (The evening ending at 630am) Was a brilliant night and had so much fun but Damian had to translate for me when i was trying unsuccessfully to talk to girls.

This brings me to my future endeveours. I have made the decision and now arranged to start Spanish lessons on Monday next week for at least one week, possibly 2. On Wednesday I start Tango lessons which will no doubt be a sourse of much ammusement to all those involved and if you´re lucky someone might video this little floor spinning disaster so it can be shared by all.

Off to bed as catching a ferry at 8 to Colonia in Uruguay in the morning... oh the troubles of a traveller.



No comments: