Friday, October 24, 2008

Firstly lets not get to thinking that I will be giving daily updates but given this is my first evening and having time on my hands before bed time i thought i´d drop some first impressions.

My usual routine with stuff like this is to lavish a lengthy diatribe made up of observations and quips (normally of a negative demeaner) but this would not offer justice to how I am finding Buenos Aires. I did have a hard time trying to get simple tasks done but this is what has helped make my day what it was and to comment on every thought would give an undeserved negative impression.

I have wondered around completely and bewilderingly lost trying to find nothing. There is so much to this place and so much to see that if i had not surrendered to my hunger i´d never have stopped walking.

I am staying in the southern region of San Telmo which is a crazy mix of old new and eccentric. The marina (where there is a university) is made up of canals and modern buildings housing expensive restaurants & cafes, venture two streets away from this and there is a tyraid of traffic and noice, little crooked streets sheltering cafes and bars then roads 4 lanes deep in both directions.

I admit that I have nothing to really report but given this is my first day everything is exciting and new and well couldn´t resist letting everyone know that I have actually made it here.


No comments: